Sunday, November 29, 2009

Popups from IE while using firefox. Need help?

Sometimes I get these ebay popups that I can't tell whether it's IE or firefox. I have SB S%26amp;D, ad-aware SE personal, and SUPER antispyware, but nothing's working. I do the scans and remove them but still keep getting popups. I uninstalled IE from add and remove programs%26gt;add/remove windows components. I also set my default browser to firefox from set program access and defaults. Even downloaded google and yahoo taskbars for popup blockers.



I tried to delete IE from C: program files but it says that a program or file is using it, and I can't find out which one. I thought I could find out by going to task manager but when I ctrl, alt, delete it just shows up a window listing the users and asking me if i want to log off/disconnect. And theres no tab up top with the quit and minimize signs, etc. And I don't know how to fix that.



Please need help I get lots of popups and it drives me crazy. Thanks!



Popups from IE while using firefox. Need help?microsoft support





Try scanning in safe mode



Download the following (if you don’t have them already) and then UPDATE all your spyware scanners. After they are updated, restart your PC while tapping the “F8” key – this will start your PC in “safe mode”. When your computer is in safe mode scan with all these programs and then trash what ever they find.



Windows Defender



http://www.download.com/Microsoft-Window...



AVG Antispyware (free for 30 days)



http://www.ewido.net/en/download/



Also try CCleaner in safe mode (its just a cleaner)



http://www.download.com/CCleaner/3000-21...



If none of this works, try Hijackthis



http://www.tomcoyote.org/hijackthis/#Top



IMPORTANT: Don't delete anything Hijackthis finds. Post the results to their forum and someone will help you



If nothing works you may end up reinstalling your whole system.



By the way, you cannot uninstall IE. If somehow you actually did, your computer will really be screwed. (Windows needs IE to work)



Popups from IE while using firefox. Need help?windows live mail internet explorer



i used to have the same problem, the way i got rid of it is by permanently deleting IE from my desktop and computer. good luck
i dont recommend deleting it completely just use firewall or workoffline on it

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk